Display leaderboard ads with MiClub Golf
Posted: 5th March 2019 in MiClub Golf
Increase sales, inform members, or add extra value for club sponsors. Image advertisements can be uploaded through leaderboards to share club promotions, news, events, or sponsors. Once configured, leaderboard ads will display in-between competition results or call-to-tee reminders. Administrators have the ability to choose the frequency and duration ads are displayed. Leaderboard advertising is easy to configure and a smart addition to your club’s communication strategy!
How to configure leaderboard ads
- From the MiClub Admin Portal, click “Leaderboard”.
- On your event leaderboard, click “Create/Edit Ads”.
- “Choose” an image ad you wish to display from your files and “Upload”. Make sure the image ad you upload is consistent with MiClub’s ad specifications. Your image ads should be prepared before configuring the leaderboard.
- Specify the “Advert Duration”. This is the number of seconds you would like your ad to display. We recommend keeping this between 10 – 20 seconds.
- Click “Add to List” to add your advertisement to the leaderboard display.
- Repeat steps 3 – 5 to build an Adverts List. This is the collection of ads you would like to show between competition results or a call-to-tee display. You can simply remove any of these ads from the list by clicking “Remove advert”.
- You can also configure your “Ad Frequency” under Create/Edit Leaderboard Templates. This is how often you want your ads to display between the competition results or call-to-tee schedule. If the frequency is set to 1, then your ads will display after every rotation. If you set the frequency to 2, your ads will display after every second rotation.
- Click “View” to display the leaderboard.
Sourcing leaderboard ads
Leaderboard ads can be created by anyone in the club with some design skills. Free drag and drop tools like Canva make it easy to create eye-catching advertisements for use on leaderboards or social media. Alternatively, you can outsource your leaderboard ads! An experienced graphic designer can produce high quality ads that engage members in a professional manner. If you are outsourcing leaderboard ads, make sure your graphic designer is aware of the optimal ad specifications.
Administrators can upload any file saved as a JPG, PNG, or GIF. If the image ads are not optimised for the screen size, they could appear blurry or warped. For the best display results, your leaderboard ads should be a web optimised image file that does not exceed 2.1 MB. Uploading an image file that is very high resolution will take too long to load on the leaderboard display.
Standard leaderboard display
Dimensions = 1920 x 1280 pixels
Resolution = 72 dpi (web optimised)