MiEnterprise Pty Ltd ABN 40 096 746 815 trading as MiClub Services (in this policy, “we”, “us”, “our” or “MiClub”) values the privacy of our customers and is committed to safeguarding their privacy.
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” includes any information that we collect that personally identifies you or you are reasonably identifiable from.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the circumstances of collection and the kind of service you are using:
Clubs and associations
We hold personal information such as name, telephone number and email address for the contacts of clubs and associations who have purchased Services (in this policy “Clubs”) so we can provide support for those Services. We also hold billing and other management information of Clubs to manage the relationship with them.
Members of Clubs provide personal information to the Club in accordance with the privacy provisions of the Club. Under our agreements to provide Services for Clubs and their members, the Club will provide MiClub with personal information of its members. This may include name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and club membership number, and is recorded in MiClub systems to enable MiClub to provide Services for the members. We do not store any bank or credit card details for members of Clubs.
We may hold personal information such as name, telephone number and email address for the contacts of clubs and associations who are not MiClub customers to enable us to contact the club or association regarding our products and services.
We usually collect personal information such as name, address, telephone number and email address of individual users who have registered to use products and services directly available from MiClub web sites (for example, the Teenet web site).
We do not store any bank or credit card details for individual users of MiClub products and services.
We may also hold personal information such as name, telephone number and email address of individuals who have contacted MiClub for general information to enable us to provide information on our products and services to them.
General enquiries to MiClub can be done anonymously or using a pseudonym, unless it is unlawful, or we are required or authorised by law or a court, or it is impracticable to do so.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your information by way of dealing with you in person, through our website, through the Services, on the telephone or write to you by email or letter.
We may also collect personal information from a third party where you have consented to the personal information being provided by the third party (for example, where a Club provides information to us about its members).
When you use our Services, our service providers including our Internet Service Provider and Google can log the information such as your server address, top domain name, the date and time of your visit, the pages you browse, documents downloaded and the type of your browser used.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to effectively perform our business activities, functions and services. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the Services to you;
- to manage and enhance our Services to you;
- to provide you with information about our existing and new products and services (including for direct marketing purposes);
- to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you;
- to verify your identity; and
- whenever as required or authorised by law.
You can at any time request to us that you no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication from us or using the contact details below. We will not charge any fees for such a request.
We do not use personal information of Club members provided by the Club for direct marketing reasons unless authorised by the Club under the Club privacy provisions, or as authorised by the member directly.
If required, personal information of Club members can be provided to a 3rd party at the Club’s request. This would be covered by the privacy provisions of the Club and we rely on the Club having the required consents.
We may share some of our customer and prospective customer contact details with our sales and support partners located outside of Australia (in the United States and England).
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Consequences of not providing personal information
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy:
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you requested;
- we may not be able to provide you with the products or services requested;
- we may not be able to tailor the content of the Services to your preferences and your experience of the Services may therefore not be useful.
- STORAGE, SECURITY, ACCESS AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal information on servers which are physically located within:
- Australia for Clubs located in Australia, Singapore and New Zealand and all individual users; or
- Japan (with backups to the European Union) for Clubs located in Hong Kong; or
- the European Union for Clubs located in Europe.
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Some of the security measures we use may include firewalls and access logging tools that prevent unauthorised access of your information, virus scanning tools, and secured server and network environment.
We always take reasonable and necessary steps to ensure that your personal information we collect from you is accurate, up-to-date and relevant at the time of collection.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you.
You may object to the processing of your personal information or you can ask us to correct any inaccurate or out of date information we hold by using the contact details provided below. There will be no fees charged.
When we no longer need your personal information for our purposes and we are not required by law to keep it, we will ensure that your personal information is destroyed or de-identified.
You may also request us to delete your personal information and we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we require it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons.
MiEnterprise Pty Ltd Trading As MiClub Services (ABN 40 096 746 815)
Telephone: (08) 9444 5300
Post: Attn: Privacy Officer, Unit 2 / 128 Main Street, Osborne Park WA 6017 Australia.
Where we cannot resolve a complaint within thirty (30) business days, we will notify you of the reason for the delay as well as an indication of when we expect to resolve the complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, or a European Union Data Protection Authority for individuals
Last updated 12 September 2018