Golf competition options increase as Australian restrictions ease
Posted: 24th July 2020 in Golf Management
In recent weeks, playing restrictions have eased in most Australian states with many golf clubs starting to offer a wider variety of competition formats to members. Depending on club preferences, new options can include:
- Running a single 4BBB competition with 4BBB handicapping.
- Running a 4BBB competition in conjunction with a single (stableford or stroke) competition.
Victoria is the only state that has regressed to stage three restrictions with limited club competitions or social play only. There have been 7,405 coronavirus cases confirmed as of 24 July, 2020 according to the Victorian Health and Human Services department. Victorian golf clubs have been quick to re-introduce health and safety measures to maintain a safe environment. Two players per group are back in place with mandatory pre-bookings.
MiScore app and 4BBB Competitions
The MiScore app currently supports both Fourball options, although clubs should keep in mind the following points regarding competition setup:
- For a single 4BBB competition, the MiScore App will display the scoring options for both partners in the 4BBB pair (See screenshot example below)
- For a single 4BBB competition, the MiScore App DOES NOT currently support Swingers (further development pending). Please manage groups of 3 with a swinger (Cell 1 on timesheet) using a manual scorecard.
- For an in-conjunction 4BBB competition, it is important that clubs setup their single competition as the FIRST competition of the day against their timesheets. This way players will simply be prompted to score a single round within the MiScore App interface.
As a reminder, the MiScore App currently supports all single player competition types and 4BBB. The App DOES NOT currently support team events such as Ambrose or Foursomes. However, these are scheduled for development and will be released in the near future.
The recent update allowing self-scoring has been adopted quickly by many clubs. Contact us to find out more.